THE HEALTHY AND BEAUTIFUL YOU

A Guide to Healthy Eating, Exercising, Skin, Hair, Makeup, and Overall Beauty!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Wedding in Tennessee and Tonsils Surgery

Hey Everyone!

Sorry it has taken me a bit of time to post to my blog! I plan on posting every day or every other day from now on, but I got caught up with a few out of the ordinary experiences this week. First of all, I went to a college girlfriend's wedding last weekend (April 29th-May 2nd), where I caught up with my college girlfriends and had a blast during the pre-wedding festivities and the wedding itself, which was planned to be an outdoor farm party, but, because of the rain and flooding, turned into a beautiful party of 400+ people in a 100 member church! It was amazing and the bride was so beautiful and glowed the whole weekend! :) I also learned some great arm exercises from some of my athletic friends! I will feature these as well as a great nutrition plan in my next post!

Her wedding was on the 1st and I planned on leaving that night and just getting home to Woodstock early Sunday morning, but, while at the reception, we got word that many interstates, including the one that I used to get back home, were closed because of flooding. I ended up staying Saturday evening and woke up to howling winds and a tornado siren Sunday at 6 in the morning. The group of us that had stayed in town that night all went running to a cellar in the house only to find out that it had been flooded. After a few minutes of hiding out, we discovered that the tornado had gone right down the street in front of us and that the yard was already under a few feet of water.

After rushing out of the house, we ran into more flooding and couldn't leave the town for about an hour. When the rain let up for a few minutes, we made it on to the highway where we saw several more tornadoes and some cars floating in water before finally making it out of the Nashville area....


Yesterday, I went in for surgery to have my tonsils removed so I am now laying around, watching movies and tv, trying to recover...and really missing working out and eating something other than clear liquid foods. It is painful to talk and swallow, but, as long as I am taking my pain meds, I feel that I am recovering pretty quickly.

Thank you all for listening! I hope to be back up and moving soon, but for now, I am doing research on some great nutrition and fitness ideas for you as well as great ways to care for your skin and hair!

Talk to you soon!
Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment